Monday, December 29, 2008

In Reading Heaven

Even though I've been down in the dumps over the holidays because of the uncertainty about my job (see previous post), I was overjoyed at the amount of new reading material received by family members as gifts at Christmas.

My son and I read like crazy, so family members know that books are always an excellent gift for both of us. Of course they obliged, as always, by restocking us with books this year.

Between us we received:

Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
Critical Mass by Steve Martini
The Testament by Eric Van Lustbader
The Prodigal Spy by Joseph Kanon
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

We also got a book full of IQ tests, and a book about herbs and their medicinal uses, as well as a book about "freaky science" facts (beware: I'm likely to be posting some of those in the future!)

So we got a pretty good haul for reading this year, but I don't think these books will last very long, though, since I've already finished Artemis Fowl and Inkspell and I'm well into Inkdeath. Both Artemis Fowl and Inkspell were awesome. I can't help myself...books are like chocolate. Once I get started I just can't stop until they're all done!

3 comments:

Sal said...

I so hear you. I got a couple of fantastic poetry books for Christmas, and am reading both at once...LOL.
Love Sal

Angie Ledbetter said...

Love books as gifts! My 3 kids read like crazy, so they got B&N gift cards from Santa. I love that about them. :) Glad you got a few word goodies too.

alana said...

Do you ever read so much you're actually uncomfortable telling people? lol

I do.