Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Gaelic Blessing

I don't have anything specific to talk about today, but in the spirit of upcoming St. Paddy's day, here's an Irish blessing for you:


Like the warmth of the sun,
And the light of the day,
May the luck of the Irish
Shine bright on your way.


As a genealogy addict, I can honestly say I have some Irish blood (a little - but my blood is mostly English, Swedish, Scottish, and Hungarian. If I search back far enough there's a bunch of French and Russian too).


How about the rest of you...any other Irish blood among you?

3 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Embee, you mentioned being obsessed about the fear of no money. That's what has been happening to me --we are both unemployed and living off savings--not a fun place to be now--but worrying and thinking about it is doing me no good at all--so I needed a good break to myself sane for awhile longer:) I'll be praying for you this week too!

Michael Horvath said...

My mom's father died when she wasw two years old and we know nothing of his heritage. She believes that he was irish. So I have 25% of me I really know nothing about.

Linda Hoye said...

My son-in-love has a little touch of Irish...that's where we think baby Makiya's red hair came from!