Friday, April 30, 2010

Newsy News

First bit of news: I entered my screenplay, "944 Friendly People," in the Nicholl Fellowship competition. I will be nervous about this for months now. Please wish me luck!

Secondly, today is Friday Fiction at my critique group's blog, Critique This WIP and it was my turn this week to add a scene, so go check it out and leave me a comment!

Third, don't forget to sign up for the Flirt Fest blogfest to be held on May 15. You don't want to miss out.

Last, I'm so excited the semester is almost over and when it is I'll be halfway through my MFA program! This time next year I'll be getting ready to graduate. Can't believe it. For this semester I just need to finish my grant proposal, write a short paper, do some critiques of other students' work and then I'm done. Now if I can just get my employment situation straightened out I'll be in perfect shape.

It's a beautiful day here, so I'm going to go for a walk now. Hope it's just as nice where you are!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hey, good luck with the fellowship! I think it should win based on the awesome title alone.

Stina said...

Eek! There're so many blogfests going on, and I keep forgetting to sign up for them. Thanks for the reminder. I'll probably still forget.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Don't forget Lilah's LAST LINES BLOGFEST. I had to post my entry early due to work. I look forward to reading yours, Roland

* said...

Glad you entered your screenplay. I remember reading about you writing it months back.

The blog fest also looks intriging. Perhaps next time I'll be brave enough to venture into it.

A toast to you & your MFA program, 1/2 way done is huge. In an alternate universe, I'd be enrolled in an MFA program, too. (sigh)

PS: If you or anyone you know is into writing poetry, I currently have a Spring Poetry Contest running on my blog (with prizes, too).

Happy writing & happy May Day.