Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dirty Dozen Movie Bloghop - Correction

On Sunday I participated in the Dirty Dozen Movie Bloghop hosted by Alex Cavanaugh wherein participants list their 12 fave movies and explain why. After further consideration I need to make a correction to my list.

I know this seems somewhat inconsequential, but I'm going to do it anyway. Here is my original list. I need to change number 11. I originally selected Mulan because for some reason I felt compelled to include an animated movie in my list. Don't get me wrong, I still think Mulan is a decent flick, but on further consideration I wouldn't call it one of my favorites.

I am replacing Mulan with Wall-E. I loved this film from the first time I saw it for it's sweetness, humor, and social commentary. I think it works on so many levels but especially as both a cautionary tale and a heart-warmer.

So there you go. In the scheme of things, not an important announcement, especially considering that the dirty dozen bloghop is yesterday's news. But since I've got nothing else to talk about today, and this was inexplicably on my mind, I thought what the heck!

Have a great day! (and be nice to the Earth or you might end up fat, dependent on technology, and at the mercy of a giant megacorporation bent on world domination through consumerism...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is a wonderful movie. Just delightful.

Writer Junkie said...

I'm in drive-by mode, here... :)
So, just a quick "You have an award on my blog"!

Sorry I couldn't stay longer. :(