Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Welcome!

So, the thing is, I'm a virgin blogger. I've never done it before. So the chances are good that I'm going to make mistakes, feel awkward, and giggle nervously, and I'll probably need lots of practice in order to get good at it. But I'm hoping that I'll have fun while I'm learning and be the better for it.

I wanted to start this blog because, at heart, I'm a writer. But I'm also a voracious reader. So it occurred to me that it would be nice to have a place to write about the things I read, because deconstructing literature is a helpful way to learn about writing, and it also helps to understand the deeper and richer meaning of stories.

Now, although my primary purpose in starting this blog is to discuss both "serious" and "popular" literature, it's very likely that I'll want to talk about any number of other things, so be prepared to shift gears. After all, I don't read so fast that I can blog every day about a new book (maybe a new story, though).

Anyway, welcome to the site, share your thoughts and your literary criticisms and interests. I'd like to know what other people are reading and what they think about it.

By the way, I'm currently reading: Brisinger, by Christopher Paolini.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i happened to pass by your blog, and it seems like you're a booklover too.:) i'd love to keep in touch..

by the way, here's my blog (all about writings and stuff) you might want to visit if you have time. :)

http://cloudsandletters.blogspot.com

Sal said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I have enjoyed your blog already, and you are doing great for a beginner :-)
Best wishes, Sal

Linda Hoye said...

Welcome to Blog Land!