Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year (and Upcoming Almost-Kiss Blogfest Reminder)


Happy New Year Everyone!

What did you accomplish in 2009 that you're most proud of? What do you hope to accomplish in 2010?

Here are my answers to those questions:

2009 Accomplishments

*I finished the first semester of my MFA program.
*I completed the first draft of the first novel in a 3-novel series.
*I "won" NaNoWriMo.
*I finished the first draft of Act I of my screenplay.
*Joined an awesome crit group!

(You notice all of these pride-inducing accomplishments are writing related?)

2010 Goals

*Finish second and third semesters of MFA program.
*Finish second novel in 3-novel series.
*Complete first round of revisions of novel one.
*Finish a complete first draft of screenplay.
*Collaborate with Hubby to complete a first draft of stage play/musical.

(Again...all the goals are writing-related.)

One more thing: Don't forget the Almost-Kiss Blogfest on January 2, hosted by Frankie Writes. Writers who are participating will be posting an "almost kiss" scene from a WIP to their blogs. Come back on January 2nd to see mine, then go to Frankie Writes and do the tour of all the other writers' blogs and read their almost kisses!

And I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve!!

3 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I love your goals! Isn't it amazing how so many of our goals have to do with the passion of our hearts? Now what does your husband do to be able to collaborate with you on a project?
* I like that last one on your accomplishments! The crit group is awesome!

Bethany Wiggins said...

Congrats on an awesome year.

My accomplishments:
1. Completed another novel
2. Got an agent.
3. All three of my kids are still alive and healthy.

Courtney Reese said...

OMG I'm loving you book! I have to keep re-reading b/c I get distracted by the story and take off my "editing hat"! Good job!

I left you an award on my blog :)

http://courtneyreese86.blogspot.com/2010/01/bringing-in-2010-with-blog-awards.html