Monday, December 7, 2009

Renaissance Feast 2009


I belong to a local chamber chorale and our Christmas concert every year is a Renaissance Feast which is hosted at a local hotel. Guests are treated to a meal in a Renaissance-decorated hall as well as a 3-hour program which includes skits, music, and dancing. Of course all of us in the chorale are in period-appropriate costumes, and our stage is set up to resemble a manor hall where we feast along with our guests.

This is my second year as a member of the chorale and I just love the Renaissance concert. The music is festive, the audience is always so receptive, and it's a chance for all of us in the chorale to mix and mingle and have fun together.

Our performances were December 3rd, 4th, and 5th and because we changed the script this year, it was a new experience for all of us, and I think much more successful than last year. But now it's time to put the costume away (and since I'm not in the last bit photogenic I'm not going to post a picture of myself in costume) .

Christmastide feasting and concert is over for one more year, we must await next year to enjoy the revelry yet again.

Wassail! Drink hail!

4 comments:

Bethany Wiggins said...

Thanks for a festive post!

* said...

A Renaissance feast sounds divine! While in Wales the other month we had a Welsh feast. Wished I had 2 stomachs. And the singing? It was divine. Not to mention it all took place in a grotty old castle.

M. Bail said...

Terresa - I'm sure yours was much more fun..and authentic...than ours! I'm hoping to someday experience grotty old castles and welsh singing.

Jenni James said...

HOW FUN! I'm so jealous! I love being involved in stuff like that!
Jenni