Sunday, January 3, 2010

Got Me An Award


I'm still enjoying yesterday's Almost Kiss Blogfest, and if you missed it you can read my contribution in yesterday's post.

A few days ago Courtney over at Work in Progress gave me a lovely little award, the Picasso Award. Now, this award requires that I pass it on to 7 other bloggers (which, sorry Courtney, I'm not going to do only because everyone I follow deserves it and I can't narrow it down to only 7) and fill you in on some facts about me.

I gotta tell you, I'm about the most boring person alive and can't think of anything about myself that anyone would want to know. Seriously. So I went back to Courtney's site and reread her list and noticed she had a couple of addictions, which made me think what I might be addicted to and sadly it was easy to come up with 7.

1. Internet (wow, like that's a unique addiction...how many people do you know who are glued to their electronic internet connection...about a billion? Me too.)

2. Writing. (That's a given since I'm a writer).

3. Carbs. (This is a problem since I'm on a low-carb diet trying desperately to re-lose the 30 pounds I lost a couple of years ago then regained when I started eating carbs again. My favorite carbs of all time? Doughnuts and pancakes. Go figure.)

4. Television. (It's not like I'll watch just anything. I am relatively picky, but there's a lot of good stuff out there. I won't go into the long list of shows I like, but at any given time if I'm not working or writing you can find me enjoying the Food Channel - of course!, SyFy - or SciFi for those of us purists who aren't onboard with the silly new SyFy thing, HGTV, BBC America, History, Discovery, Disney - sad, huh? - FX, TNT...well, you get the idea).

5. Carbonated beverages. (Diet, of course - no carbs. My faves are Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, Diet Cherry Pepsi, and Diet 7-Up.)

6. Reading. (This makes sense since most writers are voracious readers. I like most genres, though I'm not crazy about SciFi, surprisingly.)

7. Learning new stuff. (I know, this is kinda an odd addiction, but I hate my brain getting lazy. Probably one of the reasons I love the internet so much...always something new to learn and new places to scavenge for information. Gotta keep the old intellect exercised and in shape, even if I neglect the rest of my muscles. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I'm an unashamed couch potato.)

So there you go, seven things you never knew about me and will probably forget instantly after you start doing something else.

If you're so inclined, feel free to snag the award for yourself and list 7 interesting things about yourself. Now, I'm going back to working on my WIP.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Courtney Reese said...

LOL I love your addiction list! I couldn't think of anything else either. It took me forever to come up with that stuff. Good job!