Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Hodgepodge

First, I want to woohoo with joy that I finally wrote "the end" on the first draft of my screenplay. Yay! Of course now the hard work begins...editing (gulp). I want to get it in shipshape so I can submit it to the Academy Foundation by May 1 for consideration of the Nicholls Fellowship. Wish me luck!

Second, I'll be participating in ScriptFrenzy next month because I'm a sucker for punishment. Call me a writing masochist. This project requires that participants write a 100 page script in 30 days. Sure, no problem!

Third, I'm slowly editing my novel. It's sort of taken a back seat recently since I've been pushing to finish the screenplay. But my goal is to have an edited, revised, agent-ready version by the first of August because that's when my next MFA residency is and they usually invite agents to meet with students during the summer residency. So I want to be ready!

Lastly, my critique group, Critique This, is launching a group blog on Monday, March 29, and we're very excited about it! We're four writers strong and we'll be blogging about writing stuff as well as interviewing other writers, reviewing novels, hosting blogfests and probably contests. Additionally, we're going to have a weekly serialized story feature where each week one of us adds more scenes to an ongoing story. I'll be starting that feature up next Friday, April 2.

So be sure to stop by on Monday, March 29 and check out the Critique_This_WIP blog!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So true. I can write a really good shitty first draft, but a finished story is another matter...