Monday, January 5, 2009

Off We Go Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Tomorrow morning at the ungodly hour of 4:30 a.m. we are flying out to Oregon to visit family. I was unable to get vacation time off at Christmas, which is when we usually go back home to visit, so we had to settle for January.

The kids have never flown and my husband has only flown once (we usually travel by train). We will have two layovers; one in Minneapolis and one in Boise. I hope the weather holds so we don't get diverted or cancelled - I so don't want to vacation in an airport.

I'm thinking this whole trip is going to be more of an exercise in frustration control than anything else. I'd really rather stay home, but who among us can say "family obligation?" Yeah, well, that's what this trip amounts to.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see our families. I just don't want to have to fly half way across the country in questionable weather conditions with people who have never flown before and may freak out on a plane, just to visit for a week people I can usually only tolerate for a few hours at a time.

*sigh*

Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

Ooo, rots o' ruck to y'all! *shiver* hate flying.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Here's to Luck and Good Fortune and Happy Traveling...

I also detest flying.

I have a son who lives in Oregon and since that is across the US from me, I have to fly there. Did drive it once - four days there and back -erk...it was fun on the way there, torture on the way back.

Hope you find moments of enjoyatude *laugh*

Henry Chourou said...

I wish your best of luck for flight. Take care.